The Colnes Angling Society is a well-established club, having celebrated its’ centenary in 2010.
Originally formed for the residents of the four Colnes villages and nearby Chappel,
membership is now open to any angler who wishes to join. In 1910 the Society
began by renting stretches of the River Colne, however, over the ensuing years,
the Society has acquired the fishing rights to a number of still waters and
additional stretches of the river. The acquisition of the popular Pebmarsh Lake in the
1970s saw a rapid growth in membership, which currently stands at around 400.
Our club offers excellent fishing, in beautiful locations, for pleasure, specimen and
match anglers alike.